We blow up cars one day and record screaming low flying airplanes the other. We have no limits when it comes to creating soundscapes to make you feel as if you are the actual character on the screen. Now we need your help to take our vision even further.
At Pole Position Production we create music and sounds for games, motion pictures and industry use. We are the ones that bring the sound from source to mind. Working with us means you join a team of highly experienced sound designers, music composers and audio consultants. Although some of us work remotely, we’re a close-knit team of driven, passionate, skilled and humble individuals, supporting our global client base with best in class music and sound. Now we are looking for a killer audio programmer who will be in charge of implementing audio and music assets in games and developing audio plug-in software. You can join us as an employee or a full-time consultant, and sit in our cozy facilities in central Stockholm, or work remotely from anywhere in the world.
In the last years Pole has been established as one of the upcoming audio outsourcing houses in the industry. Today we offer our clients services such as field recording, sound design, music composition, music production, game implementation, audio post production and sound effect licensing. Our sound effect shop contains approximately 300 sound libraries ranging from vehicles, weapons and metal sounds to ambiences and gore sounds, and we have just recently added our first plug-in GRIP to the product line.
Through the years we’ve played major parts in the making of legendary games such as Just Cause 2, Mad Max the Game, Generation Zero, The Hunter: Call of the wild and Battlefield V. We have also had the privilege to join forces with Volvo Cars to evaluate the use of sound in highly automated cars and we’ve contributed with sounds to blockbuster movies like the widely praised war movie Dunkirk which went on to win Oscars for Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing.
As an audio programmer at Pole you will help us raise our game even further with your coding skills. You will help out with the technical part of our projects, that can range from indie games and AAA games to tailor made audio systems in defense simulators. You will also help develop audio plug-ins for the third party market. This part of the job can, if you prefer, be placed in a separate business and include a partnership solution.
The basic qualifications
- Strong C/C++ coding skills
- A passion for games and audio
- Experience working with Unreal and/or Unity
- A self-structured and motivated team player with communicative skills
- An interest in learning new languages if necessary, like C# and Python
The nice to have qualifications
- Experience using Wwise and/or Fmod
- Experience using DAWs
- Experience from creating plug-ins
- Interest in developing new software
- Opportunity to work with friendly colleagues in a warm, positive and creative environment.
- Opportunity to work in a cozy office in central Stockholm or remotely.
- Opportunity to work with interesting clients and take part in exciting projects, AAA to indie to industry simulators.
- Opportunity to develop cutting edge plug-ins in co-owned company.
- Opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines.
We are hoping to fill the position as soon as possible. For any questions, or to submit your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!